1. The Last Double Bar Line.

    Monday, May 21

    Tonight I played my last ever high school band concert.

    There were some mixed feelings. Sadness that it's over, happiness that I got to play with my best friends one last time. But mostly this huge pain in my leg from when I fell off a music stand. (They may look fun to sit on. They are not. Don't try it.)

    My director recognized all of us seniors and gave awards to some of the best. I was lucky enough to receive the John Philip Sousa award, along with my best friend Rachel! What an honor! I was complaining a couple weeks ago about how band kids never get trophies, and now I finally have one. AND it has a man with a mustache on it. Does it get better than that? I don't think so.


    xoxo Julia

  2. 0 comments:

    Post a Comment